The Wilmington area benefits from a year-round live music scene that is as varied as our community. From country stars to indie rock groups and symphonic tributes, the variety of musical acts and venues in the area is impressive. You’ll find outdoor venues and amphitheaters, concert halls, pubs featuring local acts and more, with music festivals to suit every taste held throughout the year. There’s never a shortage of venues to experience live music here on the coast and below is a list of our some of our favorite spots to let your hair down and dance!
- Reggie’s 42nd Street Tavern – Beer, bands, and booze. Great atmosphere and friendly people. What more needs to be said?!
- Live at Ted’s – Ted’s is a 62-seat intimate listening room and bar. Their mission is to bring local, regional, and acts from abroad to Wilmington.
- The Rusty Nail – Known as one of the premier blues venues, you’ll enjoy incredible live music inside or outside on the patio.
- Beale Street Barber Shop – From the funky artwork to the Elvis inspired décor, enjoy eclectic sounds from the only barber with a live music stage.
- Live Oak Bank Pavilion at Riverfront Park – This 7,200-capacity amphitheater along the Riverwalk in historic downtown offers state-of-the-art sound, lighting, and a variety entertainment.
- Hugh Morton Amphitheater at Greenfield Park – Better known as Greenfield Lake Amphitheater, this magic venue offers an intimate show with an amazing backdrop.
- The Palm Room – This historic Wrightsville Beach bar offers friendly faces, ice cold beer and great live music from touring bands to local talent.
- Odell Williamson Auditorium – The 1,500 seat performing arts facility at Brunswick Community College is not only an educational resource but also used as a cultural enrichment for the community.
- Bourgie Nights – (Pronounced “BOO-ZHEE”) the lounge hosts traveling and local musicians in an intimate listening room environment. An ideal space for discovering your next favorite artist.
- The Wilson Center – Offering a variety of shows from dance companies, comedians, live music, and theater acts, the Wilson Center offers entertainment all year long.
- Waterline Brewing Company – This family and pet-friendly taproom offers a rustic and historic atmosphere with an outdoor stage hosting local musicians.
- Bellamy Mansion Museum – On the second Thursday of each month May through September, enjoy concerts on the lawn of the Bellamy at 6:30pm. Performers range from solo songstresses to big bands with a little bit of something for every jazz lover.
- Wrightsville Beach Brewery – Not only do they offer craft beer and great food, but guests can also enjoy weekly live music lineups.
Ready to make a move to the Wilmington area and start enjoying the local music scene? Learn where you can build your dream home, in one of our specially curated communities in the Wilmington Area of North Carolina, click here for current incentives. Or if you own a preferred lot, you can choose from our portfolio of floor plansto personalize with numerous design options. Contact us today to get started on your new home journey.