Anyone that’s been in the Wilmington area very long knows that the beer scene is here is booming, and as a result, it’s easier than ever to raise a glass and toast a fantastic day with a home-grown brew. With a wealth of delicious breweries to choose from, you are sure to find a delectable libation for any palate. Here are our Top 10 Favorite Breweries in Wilmington:
- Front St. Brewery – Wilmington’s original brewery, Front St. offers award winning beer, great food, and daily tours of the brewery. And if you want more than beer, they have the largest whiskey selection on the East Coast and their pulled-chicken nachos are a must!
- Wilmington Brewing Company – Set in the heart of Wilmington and born out of their love of beer, Wilmington Brewing Company started as a homebrew supply store and has grown into one of the best breweries in the state. Anywhere you go in Wilmington you’ll find their flagship beer, Tropical Lightning.
- Flytrap Brewing – Located in the Brooklyn Arts District, Flytrap is an exceptional micro-brewery, specializing in American and Belgian style ales. Enjoy a pint in their beer garden, listening to live music, sampling the food truck or peruse one of their artisan markets.
- Waterline Brewing Company – Nestled right near the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge, Waterline offers a range of handcrafted ales and seasonal brews. Enjoy live music, food trucks and weekly events.
- New Anthem Beer Project – Offering two locations (Dock St. and Greenfield St.), New Anthem offers beer lovers a unique take on farmhouse beers and much more.
- Edward Teach Brewery – Inspired by the infamous pirate, Blackbeard, the brewery taps into the history of the area and offers up some great beers. Be sure to taste Teaches Peaches, a well-balanced ale with a hint of fruit.
- Hi Wire Brewing – The pet and family friendly tap room offers up an expansive list of ales, cider and wine. Enjoy multiple games, feast your eyes on the vibrant murals and relax in the beer garden.
- Flying Machine Brewing Company – Located in midtown Wilmington, Flying Machine’s taproom features over 30 taps of beer, ciders, and wine, various food trucks as well as multiple patio options.
- Waterman’s Brewing Company – Brewing quality beer and offering up delicious pub favorites.
- Wrightsville Beach Brewery – Serving up fresh, local seafood and craft beer, this brewpub has a great beer garden with live music and weekly events.
If you are like us, you’re already thirsty and ready to find your favorite brew. We’d love to help you build a sweet home in one of our specially curated communities in the Wilmington Area of North Carolina, click here for current incentives. Or if you own a preferred lot, you can choose from our portfolio of floor plans to personalize with numerous design options. Contact us today to get started on your new home journey.