The holidays are fast approaching, and as we prepare wonderful dishes to share with friends and family, we wanted to take this time to remind shoppers about the great specialty food markets in Wilmington that will hopefully bring inspiration to your holiday dishes. From international foods, imported groceries to fresh organic produce, small batch food stuffs, and locally sourced specialty products from land and sea – the below stores are a food lover’s paradise. Check them out and get cooking in your McAdams Homes kitchen!
- Lovey’s Natural Foods and Cafe – Lovey’s Market offers organic hair and skincare products, supplements, fresh produce, as well as dairy and frozen foods. Meat eaters will appreciate the top quality grass-fed and free-range meats and poultry. For those with special dietary requirements, vegans, and vegetarians there is a large selection of wheat-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and low-carb products. They also understand that family includes the four-legged members, Lovey’s even carries wholesome pet foods.
- The Italian Gourmet Market – Step back in time as you walk through the doors of the Italian Gourmet Market in Historic Downtown Wilmington. The Market is packed with a huge selection of foods and products imported direct from Italy. Owner, Frank Delia, travels often to Italy seeking the very best in Italian foods, products and gift items that will enhance any home kitchen.
- The Seasoned Gourmet – The Seasoned Gourmet is a veteran-owned, brick and mortar culinary shop offering a variety of quality products, in addition to our locally roasted coffees, oils, vinegars, artisan spices, salt, peppers and locally sourced products, boutique wines and local craft beer. They even have an operating kitchen that hosts The Cape Fear Food & Wine Club where cooking and wine education classes are conducted on a regular basis.
- New Saigon International Market – This specialty market offers a wide range of Halaal and Asian ingredients. Not only do they have every kind of noodle known to man, they also offer a variety of exotic fruits and veggies, candies and teas, live seafood, beef and pork items along with a plethora of spices. A visit is truly a fun stroll, as they have something for everyone!
- Los Portales Supermarket – this Mexican and Hispanic grocery store offers offers fresh and affordable groceries, fruits, vegetables, and cleaning supplies from Hispanic countries like Mexico, Honduras, Salvador, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Venezuela, and others. They also have a butcher shop, bakery, tortillería and restaurant where you can find food with the best Latin style and flavor. Visit them and you are sure to feel at home.
Now that you’ve located your specialty ingredients, the only thing left to do is start cooking in your McAdams Homes. To find the perfect home and to start making lasting family memories, see our specially curated communities in the Wilmington Area of North Carolina, click here for current incentives. Or if you own a preferred lot, you can choose from our portfolio of floor plans to personalize with numerous design options. Contact us today to get started on your new home journey.